Nov 16, 2013

Book Review: Prodigy

Title: Prodigy
Series: Legend Trilogy, #2
Author: Marie Lu
Publication Date: January 29, 2013
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

My Thoughts:

June and Day's escape continues in the second installment of the Legend Trilogy, Prodigy. As June and Day flee and hide their identities, they're met with difficult choices, meeting new people and being cautious on who to trust.

I have loved the first book, Legend, and now Prodigy is also making me fall for it. I think the second book is even better and it showed more sides to the characters. As much as I love June and Day fighting side by side, it's quite refreshing to find them fighting without each other's aid. Still fast-paced like the first book but action-packed and it had moments that had me in surprise. Although Day made me want to slap him at times especially when he can't make up his mind about his relationship with June when Tess gets in the picture, and how she got annoying in this book and I want to slap her too, and when he accused June of something she did that wasn't even intentional and he didn't even believe in her (but then he ended up being all sorry and sweet to her which was all right after anyway).

Great read and very much recommended!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Heard nothing, but good reviews about this trilogy! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those trilogies that everyone has been talking about, and I've heard nothing but good things about, but haven't gotten around to reading. Eventually, I think!

    ReplyDelete