Oct 22, 2013

Novella Review: Trust in Me

Title: Trust in Me
Series: Wait for You, #1.5
Author: J. Lynn
Publication Date: October 22, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?


My Thoughts:

I wasn't expecting this one to be a sequel like what other people did and they ended up disappointed. I still loved this as much as I loved Wait for You. It was nice to get into Cam's head while he was separated with Avery and this one's a pretty quick read as well. Cam's one heck of a nice guy but the overly perfect kind of character some books depict on their male protagonists which sometimes get irritating because they hardly have flaws.

In his POV, we get to see more of Jase and Ollie. They're Cam's friends and Ollie's his roommate. These two grew on me like Brit and Jacob did in Wait for You. They're the kind of friends you want to hang out and keep forever. They also made me laugh and I'm really liking Jase. Ollie's the funny one while Jase is the understanding one. I also like Cam's family and he's one protective yet a very sweet big brother. His relationship with his little sister was adorable.

Cam and Avery's love story still makes me smile and sigh happily even if it's only a repeat of events but in another person's POV. I was hoping to read more of their future though but sadly, my hopes kinda died down. But I'm still happy with this one and it was good to have me laughing at their bantering moments again.

My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment