Jul 17, 2013

Book Review: Wait For You by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Wait For You
Series: Wait For You, #1
Author: J. Lynn
Publication Date: February 26, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

My Thoughts
"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For waiting for me."
I’m a sucker for romance. Although I honestly am still trying to wrap in my head this New Adult genre, some of the books are pretty good. And I have to say this one is one of them. To add on top of that, it’s by Jennifer L. Armentrout! I have loved her Lux Series and I was surprised to see that this is also one of her works under another name.
Avery’s the new student and while running fast to her Astronomy class, in which she’s terribly late, she bumps into the very handsome Cameron who’s also running late to his class.
I love the story and I have to give credit for Ms. Armentrout because this book had me in tears in the few remaining chapters. Seriously I was moved in some way and my heart was breaking for Avery.
I could say that the book’s cliche but it’s not the type of cliche where I had to roll my eyes because of the flowery and rainbow-filled love confessions or exchange of words. I like Avery but I want to shake her at times because of her fear. I get that she was afraid but she’s got someone who’s there for her, ready to protect her and keep her safe, accept and love her in every way. Yet she keep shutting out people and tried to stay like nothing’s wrong where there absolutely is. I love Cameron. I love how this author’s men (as from what I read in Lux Series) are such gentlemen and caring and just loving. I also love his family, they’re cool and funny. Even Brit, Jacob and Ollie. The only people I want to smack in this book are Avery’s parents. Well, more on her mom. 
I like the banter, the humor and the drama this book has. I like the progress of the relationship even though it had a lot of flaws but somehow, it was proven that even with such painful pasts, it could still work if there’s trust. And plus it’s hot. HOT. I can’t stop smiling and squealing at some moments. Cameron can cook eggs for me every time, I won’t mind.
Lovely book, Ms. Armentrout. Even the tortoise had me smiling.


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment