Jul 18, 2013

Book Review: Legend

Title: Legend 
Series: Legend, #1
Author: Marie Lu
Publication Date: November 29, 2011
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

My Thoughts

I devoured this book. Fast-paced, interesting plot with twists and turns, likable protagonists and enjoyable. I brought the book to uni today and I’ve been reading all through out the free time and continued at home.
I love the relationship between siblings in this book. It’s just precious and how I envy them! I want a brother too! A big brother that is. I also love how smart June is, also Day. But June’s discovery on her brother’s death was just wow. That would really take some time and a lot of calculations and speculations. Day, I love him and how caring he is towards his family and to people whom he’s close with. I instantly knew who to loathe in this book and I loathe them with a burning passion.
What set me off a bit was when June found out her brother died, there wasn’t enough emotion towards it. Yeah she was kind of raised in a military-like environment but that doesn’t mean there won’t be any emotion involved plus the fact that she immediately believed that it was Day who killed her brother without asking more evidence of the crime scene. Like if I were her, I would definitely demand an investigation and if they’re not willing to cooperate because they’re hiding something, I’d probably do the investigation by myself A.S.A.P. because: reason one, brother and the only family member left and reason two, the only news delivered was he’s dead and Day was there to kill him. Not much explanation, huh?
But still, that didn’t put me off too much from the book and I really, really enjoyed this and I love big brothers. I just love them, I terribly do. It’s happy and painful and I love the relationship between Day and June. They’re cute and they’d probably gonna make a kickass pair.
This has been another book that I’ve read this year that didn’t leave me with a cliffhanger but I’m still dreading to read the next book: Prodigy. I got a sneak peek at chapter one of Prodigy and that did it for me. It made me want the book NOW.

My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment