Jul 24, 2013

Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Title: Under the Never Sky
Series: Under the Never Sky, #1
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publication Date: February 07, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she’s never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He’s searching for someone too. He’s also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.If they can survive, they are each other’s best hope for finding answers.

My Thoughts

I was a bit hesitant to read this at first because I got a mixed response from people who’ve read it. But after seeing it ALWAYS at the shelves near the bookstore’s entrance, I just had to pick it up. I felt like it’s been months since this book has been calling me from the shelves and this week, finally, it’s in my hands. Though it took me a while to start it since.. distractions. They’re just everywhere.
From what the people said to me, I agree to those who said it was good because to me, it is. It may have been quite a slow start at first and I got a bit confused, but things were getting interesting and I liked the world in it. And it doesn’t ponder on romance only. When I read the blurb, I thought that it’ll be the whole “girl meets boy and they go venture on some journey and while on the journey the fall madly in love with each other" situation kind of thing. But it wasn’t, and it was really a slow process. Even their friendship was slow. It’s like, “I helped you but that doesn’t mean we’re friends and I could kill you whenever I want to". So that somehow captured my attention and pique of interest. In any way, the romance was just sweet and adorable. I love Perry and Aria, both and as an individual. Even Perry’s friends, they’re easy to like.
There are still things I wish were explained further. Like Aria’s mom, Aria’s entire being, and more. I hope I’d get to read more of that in the next installment which I’ll read in around November or December because the last will be this January 2014? I can’t wait that long! I love the book, I enjoyed it and even though the ending didn’t really leave me hanging, I still want to read the next. But I’m a patient person and I still got a ton to read in my list so.. Perry can wait. Like how he and Aria can wait for each other. Uh-huh, there yah go..


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment