Jul 22, 2013

Book Review: Lost & Found

Title: Lost & Found
Series: Lost & Found, #1
Author: Nicole Williams
Publication Date: May 07, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

There’s complicated. And there’s Rowen Sterling.

After numbing pain for the past five years with boys, alcohol, and all-around apathy, she finds herself on a Greyhound bus to nowhere Montana the summer after she graduates high school. Her mom agreed to front the bill to Rowen’s dream art school only if Rowen proves she can work hard and stay out of trouble at Willow Springs Ranch. Cooking breakfast at the crack of dawn for a couple dozen ranch hands and mucking out horse stalls are the last things in the world Rowen wants to spend her summer doing.

Until Jesse Walker saunters into her life wearing a pair of painted-on jeans, a cowboy hat, and a grin that makes something in her chest she’d thought was frozen go boom-boom. Jesse’s like no one else, and certainly nothing like her. He’s the bright and shiny to her dark and jaded.

My Thoughts

This book makes me want to go to a ranch, ride an old truck and fall in love. This was a quick read but this was one of those love stories that had me sighing happily because of the friendship and romance. It’s not cheesy for my taste and it didn’t frustrate me like some contemporary books there. The heroine, Rowen, was likable and I can’t help but swoon over Jesse and adore the Walker family.
Rowen Sterling had to spend her entire summer in Willow Springs Ranch to ‘straighten her life’ or something that would keep her less freaky before she step into college, as what her mother perceived. Then she met Jesse Walker, son of the family she’ll be staying at for three months, waiting for her at the bus stop and taking her to the ranch she’d be staying. A place she likely did not expect.
It wasn’t exactly the stuff fairy tales were made of, but it was my tale. And I’d never envy that Cinderella chick again.
Rowen and Jesse are just perfect for each other in my perspective. Rowen may be the girl who has a lot of issues when it comes to trust and taking a risk but while reading it through, I understand why she has those. She’s flawed and I love her for standing up for herself. I hate her mom, I just hate her mom with a passion along with her good-for-nothing boyfriend. It made me want to hug Rowen and protect her from them. But Jesse and his family, they are so likable and lovable all at the same time. His parents are cool and so nice, his sisters are just precious and all. I even like Josie (not gonna spoil who she is). I have mixed feelings for Garth though.
“What were you waiting for? Marriage?”
“No. I was waiting for you.”
I love how the relationship blossomed packed with sweet and funny moments. And of course, things also get hot in their relationship but it wasn’t rushed and overall, it was cute plus I believe they deserve each other. Plus a clueless and inexperienced Jesse is just so adorable! The breakfast talk after that night was epic. Uh-huh, I kind of want a Jesse Walker in my life.
Now, why don’t you help me figure out how that whole rocking-your-world thing works?
Oh Jesse…. *squeeeeeeals* haha :D
“Good morning.”
“Why, yes. Yes, it is.”
“How did you sleep?”
“I didn’t.”
“How do you feel this morning?”
“Like I lost something.”
*cackling*
This was a great read and I had fun. The two main characters aren’t perfect, they have their rough pasts along with their flaws in life. But having each other’s backs had made their future look bright. I love this book and I’m glad that I just read this now because it wouldn’t be painful to wait for Near & Far. Jesse’s POV, right? WANT. I SO BADLY WANT IT.

My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment