Aug 31, 2013

Book Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Origin
Series: Lux Series, #4
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys?

Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?

My Thoughts

This was absolutely worth it the wait. And it was by far so good that I had to get a grip on myself. I had a ton of "I didn't see that one coming" reactions. Daemon and Katy are just..too much to handle (in a good and sweet way) and I miss their banter.

This book makes you see what Daedalus are capable of doing and how bad they really are. I've never liked them and I know that I'll never like the people working also. They're a bunch of crazy people. Except Archer, new character, though I won't be filling out lots of details about him except for the fact that I like him.


I had a rough time reading the first parts with Katy's POV. I just feel so bad for her. Opal's ending made me nervous but I'm prepared for the worst that I'll be reading in Origin. Reading what they did to Katy made me loathe Daedalus. Daemon never lost his charm and his awfully good comebacks. So much death in this book and some deaths just aren't meant to be :'(  I'm aching. 


Character flaws, twists and turns, not really a perfect read but nonetheless, I clearly enjoyed it and it made gave a worth-waiting status. But still, some of the events had me scarred. Really scarred. I didn't even do anything aside from reading but I feel so bad for these characters. It gave me an impact that would also gave me the impression of giving it five stars. And so I did.


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment