Aug 27, 2013

Book Review: Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Frigid
Author: J. Lynn
Publication Date: June 15, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

My Thoughts

I have a love-hate relationship for this book and I have no idea how to put it. I feel like I've read a ton of fanfiction before with a similar scenario like this: Guy best friend is a player while girl best friend is just a normal girl and they're both in love with each but are afraid to admit it. But the events that come forth are different although that's the key point in the story's plot line.

I think Sydney's lusting more on her best friend at the very first scene in the first chapter but she's still in love. I think her jealousy is the one thing that drives her lust for him. It's hard to figure what she wants though. I had a hard time refraining myself from screaming in front of my e-reader because she's a bit frustrating. Kyler's no exception too. Although I can see he adored her that much but he should really learn from his man-whoring and get a grip from what happened in chapter 19. 


BUT, I liked how things went from after that. The 'This Is Forever' was so cute! Sweet, romantic and cute. I had to picture in my head the grinning Sydney and Kyler during their third grade with matching shirts. Ms. Armentrout could still pull of a cute bit in her stories, no matter how they frustrate and makes me want to snap the senses out of the characters, and that's a very nice thing.



My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment