Apr 20, 2016

Book Review: Listen To Me


Title: Listen To Me
Series: Fusion, #1
Author: Kristen Proby
Publication Date: April 12, 2016
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon

Seduction is quickly becoming the hottest new restaurant in Portland, and Addison Wade is proud to claim 1/5 of the credit. She’s determined to make it a success and can’t think of a better way to bring in new customers than live music. But when former rock star Jake Keller swaggers through the doors to apply for the weekend gig, she knows she’s in trouble. Addie instantly recognizes him—his posters were plastered all over her bedroom walls in high school—he’s all bad boy...exactly her type and exactly what she doesn’t need.

Jake Keller walked away from the limelight five years ago and yearns to return to what’s always driven him: the music. If he gets to work for a smart-mouthed, funny-as-hell bombshell, all the better. But talking Addie into giving him the job is far easier than persuading her that he wants more than a romp in her bed. Just when she begins to drop her walls, Jake’s past finally catches up with him.

Will Addie be torn apart once again or will Jake be able to convince her to drown out her doubts and listen to her heart?

MY THOUGHTS

I love (yes, present tense) Kristen Proby's With Me in Seattle series and I'm not surprised that I love this one as well. Her writing when it comes to romance, friendships and family relationships (blood-related or not) makes me sigh happily because there's always this strong bond the characters have and it makes you want to be a part of them (I want the Montgomery family to adopt me.... but at the same time I don't because I wanna marry Will).

"It's our song," she says softly.

"No, baby. It's your song. We don't need a song. We are a song."

Addie and Jake make me want to cry.

I felt all warm and fuzzy on the inside reading Listen To Me and then I was on a ride down Emotional Street. This was funny and sweet but also heartbreaking at the same time. One of the many things I love about this is the music. It somehow takes me back to Play With Me and Rock With Me (from the With Me in Seattle series). Jake Keller singing his heart out was beautiful to read considering what he'd been through-something that I won't spoil. And Addie's got the hots for musicians so I don't blame her falling for him. Same goes for Jake because Addie's one amazing woman and I admire her determination and passion even though she's been betrayed and left many times already. Loved reading that they took their time in getting to know each other at the same time being honest that they are also attracted to each other. One of the things I love about Kristen Proby's writing because even if the attraction and tension are there, there's always this build-up in the characters' relationship which I approve of.

There were times where I want to shake the main characters back to their senses (more on Addie) because they're sometimes not thinking clearly and are stubborn. But sometimes it was understandable and it just made me flip the pages more because the story's pretty interesting. I love the angst. And not only did Jake and Addie made my feelings whirl in a crazy ride, so did the minor characters. I wouldn't call them minor characters for long though because this book is a part of the series and they will definitely be getting their own books and the thought of reading them gets me so excited.

This is my first full review of an Adult book. I read Adult books but only post little snippets of my thoughts in Goodreads and not in my blog. This one felt like it deserves its own review simply because I love Kristen Proby's works and this one just caught my attention and sparked my interest for the series.

MY RATING

0 comments:

Post a Comment