Jun 30, 2014

Book Review: This Girl by Colleen Hoover

Title: This Girl
Series: Slammed, #3
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository
Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series

My Thoughts


I BUTTERFLYING LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! No wait, not just this book but the entire trilogy. Slammed was my second Colleen Hoover book and I know I'm late since a lot probably have read it but I did plan on reading the books. I just had Maybe Someday first in my hands and weeks later, I was finally able to own all the books in this trilogy so I flew through the pages and dive right into the story. Everything was just well done and I wasn't disappointed by a bit. In Slammed, I felt my heart break a hundred times; in Point of Retreat, my heart broke and shed both happy and sad tears; in This Girl, I've laughed, smiled and shed tears again, but this time they're happy tears. Just thinking about the epilogue makes me cry.

Slam poetry is one thing you cannot not love when you're reading the books. It's one of the reasons strong feelings are evoked from the reader because the characters also pour out their strongest feelings, whether bad or good, when doing a slam poetry.

Very beautiful trilogy and I couldn't ask for a better ending. Every teardrop was worth it.

My Rating

0 comments:

Post a Comment