Oct 11, 2013

Let's Talk: Fave Book Quotes


Let's Talk is a weekly meme hosted by Melissa @ I Swim For Oceans in which book-related things are discussed regarding on what the topic is every week.

This week's prompt is about our favorite book quotes. I love collecting and writing down quotes, whether they're from books or not. Ever since my sophomore year in high school. I even made a Memorable Lines meme (kind of) in Tumblr and it's filled with funny, inspiring, with wits, and just simply memorable. Here are some of my faves starting off with the ones that I definitely fell in love with:

"The ones that love us never really leaves us. 
You can always find them in here [in our hearts]."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter

"You gave me a forever within the numbered days. And I'm grateful."
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

"She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; 
it was supposed to make you feel something."
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

"Sometimes things happen to people and they're not equipped to deal with them."
- Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

"I think that friendship is the foundation of every healthy relationship, but you 
just can’t be too scared to take the next step if you want something more."
- Heather London, Fall From Love

"Even death has a heart."
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

"I guess that's just part of loving people: you have to give things up. 
Sometimes you even have to give them up."
- Lauren Oliver, Delirium

"Whatever you are physically…male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy—all those things matter less 
than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, 
they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
- Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices

I also have this fascination of a certain one of Cassandra Clare's main characters in The Infernal Devices Trilogy books. And this one is Will Herondale (I'm biased I know, but his lines just speaks to me)

"Life is like a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read."
- Clockwork Princess

"We live and breathe words."
- Clockwork Prince

"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone."
- Clockwork Prince

There are still so many quotes I could share but I'll just stop here for now. Although there's this idea in my mind to post daily quotes just for some inspiration. I might just do that. So how about you? What are your favorite quotes? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment