Sep 4, 2013

Book Review: Crash Trilogy

(to be honest, I like the other edition's covers more but too bad there's no Crush cover for it)

Titles: Crash, #1; Clash, #2; Crush #3

Series: Crash Trilogy
Author: Nicole Williams
Publication Dates: July 19, 2012; September 01, 2012; April 23, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.

My Thoughts

This is my first time reviewing a whole trilogy although I will just make it short and simple since this didn't caught my attention unlike her other work: Lost & Found (with its sequel, Near & Far). The reviews for the first book were really good though but it wasn't that enjoyable much because the two characters seem to fight a lot and it gets frustrating.

Lucy and Jude met at some beach until one night, Lucy was saved by Judge when his company (or friends or whoever they were in his life) tried to set her on fire. When the police arrived, Jude was arrested since he had this reputation and Lucy haven't heard a thing about him until school started. Likely, they go to the same school and add some events here and there (no, honestly I forgot how they fell in love) and they're in a relationship. But their relationship was lacking something: TRUST. 


I won't go into further detail because I might spoil. 


In Crash, the relationship between Lucy and Jude really needed to be shaped because it was just rough on the edge and they keep on fighting. Lucy's also someone who really gets jealous a lot and Jude's the type of person that needs to enroll in some anger management facility. The one thing I love in this book was the talk about The Beatles, hence their names are like from songs of the band. 


In the second book, Clash, their relationship's starting to shape when some cheerleader gets into the picture. And once again, they're starting to fall apart and for the same reason: the lack of trust. Lucy's all, "I trust you" but in the end, when Jude's not with her, she just doesn't. Which makes me want to pull my hair off because her man's doing everything to make her trust him. As for Jude, he really should have just told the cheerleader to back off. It was pretty obvious she's into him. The ending's good nonetheless.


Lastly, we have Crush. The last book. I have mixed feelings for the book. I think everything in their relationship went too way fast. Same issues, different scenarios. But what I loved a lot? Like a lot? The epilogue. It totally won me over. I just can't get enough of the fluff and how happy they are and how far they've gone through even if I still felt kind of uneasy. Still, I just loved it. Worth it anyway. I'm also glad that they have these friends who stuck with them until the end. Even Lucy's parents, in which I wasn't sure what to feel for her mom during the first book but in the end, I liked her.


Not the best. I've been upset at some parts but some moments made me want to sing songs from The Beatles. Especially when they go like, "Hey Jude" (calling Jude, not singing the song) and I just sing the lines at some point. I did enjoy some bits of the romance. Clearly, the last parts of the third book was just adorable.

My Ratings:

Crash & Clash

Crush

1 comment:

  1. I read Crash and honestly I didn't really like it. Your review of the rest of the series make it sound interesting but I don't know if I trust Williams enough to finish the series.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete