Aug 11, 2013

Book Review: Near & Far

Title: Near & Far
Series: Lost & Found, #2
Author: Nicole Williams
Publication Date: June 28, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

There’s optimistic. And there’s Jesse Walker.
If he wasn’t so charming, his sunny disposition and incessant grin would get old. Fast.
Falling in love with the broken girl who had at first seemed immune to anything resembling love was the best thing to happen to Jesse since the Walkers adopted him when he was five.

As Jesse’s life continues at the ranch and Rowen begins making her mark in the Seattle art community, they wonder where the middle ground is. Or if there even is one.

As push comes to shove, they’re forced to make choices neither are eager to make, and Jesse and Rowen have to face what their lives might look like without the other.

My Thoughts

“You know me at my best, and you know me at my worst. You know my past and my dreams for the future. You know me. I know the same things about you and I can say with absolute certainty that I will love you every minute of every day, Rowen. In this life, and our next, and our next if there’s such a thing as reincarnation. I was made to love you.”

Goodbye, world.


No, I'm still here. I just need to breathe a bit after that heart-stopping speech. 


I have loved every bit of this book. Well, except for this Jo girl but I'm really happy that Jesse's the man who wouldn't spare a single glance on someone who's flirting with him even though the said flirt knows he's in a relationship. Good one, Jesse.


I loved this as much as I loved Lost & Found. I think that in this book, there was so much more to know about Rowen and Jesse as individuals and as characters without being with each other together every day like in the first book. I like how the author made her characters face and get over their fears. Of course, with the help of someone because it's usually better if someone out there is able to understand you and is willing to stay by your side and help you with them. I admire how they were able to handle things through despite the distance and the other events that happened throughout the course of their relationship. 


I even managed to like Garth. I wasn't his biggest fan during the first book but in this one, I feel like he's such a great help to Rowen and Jesse and their relationship. Despite his irritating-kind of attitude, his words could actually shake in some sense. I'm glad that he grew on me and I'm relieved that Jesse still have him as a best friend. He's like silent cheerleader (or supporter) in this relationship.


What else to say... I just love it to pieces? Like the bantering and the support these two characters give to each other. And once again, the Walker family. Hands down to these wonderful family members. Oh and aside from Jo girl, I dislike Jax dude too. I won't give away who he is. I want to give Rowen two thumbs up for making him leave as quick as lightning. 


I'm just head over heels for this book and for Lost & Found. I was hoping for an epilogue though. It would actually be a nice thing to read what'll happen to them a few months or years later. But the ending was happy and I'm one happy reader.




My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment