Jul 12, 2013

Book Review: April Showers

Title: April Showers 
Author: Karli Perrin
Series: April Showers, #1
Publication Date: June 14, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

What happens when your head and your heart pull you in completely opposite directions?

April Adams is about to find out the hard way. When April enrols at Manchester University, it feels like a whole new life. New city, new house, new friends…new crush.
Isaac Sharpe is the hottest guy on campus - with an even hotter reputation. After a chance meeting, April quickly finds herself wrapped up in all that he is. But what if all that he is isn’t what it seems?

Caught up in a battle between what she wants and what she thinks she needs, April meets Lukas Roberts. Lukas is the security blanket that she craves so desperately and she finds solace in their friendship. But what happens when she finds more than she bargained for?

My Thoughts:
It took me a while to post my review for this (got sidetracked by exams and other books). This is one of those romance kind of books with a love triangle in that. It’s been a while since I’ve encountered a love triangle (the last book/trilogy with a love triangle I’ve read was The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare that quite left me in a coma after the last book, in a good way anyway. VERY good way..)
So, here’s my review for April Showers and I’m telling you, this is kinda filled with spoilers.
As much as I’m happy that the guy I’ve been rooting for at the beginning got the girl, I had a hard time liking the female protagonist. The book was fast-paced though it was cute but yeah, fast. I’m gonna talk about the three main characters here: April, Isaac and Lukas.
Spoiler-ish below…
April - She’s stubborn and she seemed unfair. So she met Isaac first then dreamed of him but then she found out about his work, she didn’t even bother listening to him as if she knows everything. Then she goes to her friend, Lukas and I felt like she was using him or let’s say taking advantage of him and his nice personality. And she’s so in denial even to her best friend, Katie. And again she’s also stubborn enough to listen to Katie which at some point, I feel like Katie’s right.
Isaac - I admit that he’s creepy and stalker-ish though I can’t help but feel bad and sad for him. Bad for what April did to him and sad for what happened to his sister. He’s a sweet guy and well, I think he knows how to keep his distance when April was dating Lukas. Overall, he’s creepy but only towards April..but yeah, he’s sweet. And caring..and hot.
Lukas - DUDE, I thought he was nice. Well, he is nice but what he did to his fiancee was just unacceptable. So what if it was an arrange marriage? Why not man up and stand up for yourself? Why cheat? So what if also that he wasn’t in love with his fiancee? Did he actually think that it was okay to fall in love with someone while engaged? He should’ve just broke it off BEFORE he went after April. I really don’t like cheating, or cheaters. Ugh, what a turn off. I’m so disappointed in this character (and with April too).
April and Lukas were being unfair. Like really unfair. That’s how I see it. But I like how April stands up for herself. Her sarcasm’s kinda helped her in some ways. I like Katie though. I like how she wants to knock some senses into April, how she wants her to think through her complicated love life. The ending was a cliffhanger. I don’t know what to feel for Lukas. All I could think of was Isaac and April.
The book was okay. The weak points are there but I April’s confidence of standing up for herself against Hollie was good. I like it. This is still the beginning to we’ll see in the upcoming books. 3 stars, it’s a start.


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment