Jul 2, 2013

Book Review: The Iron Queen

Title: The Iron Queen
Series: The Iron Fey Series, #3
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publication Date: January 25, 2011
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

My Thoughts

“My name is Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court. Let it be known—from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on…I am yours.”

That line did it for me. It was sweet and I keep grinning the whole time while having watery eyes. Thanks a lot, Julie Kagawa.
This book frustrates me, in a good way. But sometimes, the bargaining is too much. Every time Meghan wants or needs something, there’s always something to exchange in return and sometimes, it’s really risky and dangerous. Though I’m glad that Meghan seemed to realize that she’s kind of helpless in the battlefield and tried to train in swordfighting and using her magic.
One moment I feel bad for Puck for what Meghan said, then the next I feel bad for Meghan for what Puck did. I think that was too much to handle. Having her “dad” back was a bit painful. I can see that Meghan loves and treasures him even though they’re not really related.
I’m not a big fan of Oberon. I don’t like it when he’d just acknowledge Meghan as his daughter when something is needed but all the while, he’s still there to not let anything bad happen to Meghan. Then there’s Titania and Mab. I’ve never liked them and they irritate and piss me off. I wonder how Oberon could stand Titania when she’s obviously a bitch and hates his daughter with a passion.
Meghan and Ash though. The cliche is there but somehow I liked it. It’s not too much and not too much of mushy lines. It’s seemed right for me. It’s the kind of love story I happen to enjoy reading despite the Queen/Knight thing.
Well this book is a good read. Four stars because the Meghan and “dad” Paul moments :)


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment