Jan 10, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To



Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But
Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY Plan To)


*I wanted to read these so much (that's why there's more than 10 books in this list)
**2016 was the year I got a job...and said job hindered me from have enough time to read more books (even though I completed my GR Reading Challenge 102/100 books, STILL)


 

WHEN THE MOON WAS OURS by Anna Marie McLemore (October 04, 2016) - this sounded like a best friends to lovers trope + it has witches and magic.

TELL THE TRUTH, SHAME THE DEVIL by Melina Marchetta (October 11, 2016) - it's Melina Marchetta... and she's one of my favorite authors ever... so this is definitely a must-read (that I failed last year)

THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR by Nicola Yoon (November 01, 2016) - so I loved Everything Everything and I am hoping to love this one as well. And the MCs are Jamaican-American and Korean-American!!


  

OUR CHEMICAL HEARTS by Krystal Sutherland (October 04, 2016) - I don't know how sad this will be but I got a copy and I still plan on reading this...even if it might break my heart.

VASSA IN THE NIGHT by Sarah Porter (September 20, 2016) - this was even one of my most anticipated reads of 2016 but oh well, I failed to read it.

THE HATING GAME by Sally Thorne (August 09, 2016) - there's SO MUCH buzz about this book and as always, my Twitter timeline got too convincing. I didn't evenknow this was New Adult + a hate to love trope? Sign me up.




WAIT FOR IT by Mariana Zapata (December 07, 2016) - a Zapata book that I have yet to read... I need that slow burn in my life again.

THE THOUSANDTH FLOOR by Katharine McGee (August 30, 2016) - I bought this book a few days after its release because I was captivated by the pretty cover (A Weakness)

THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES by Mindy McGinnis (September 20, 2016) - again, my Twitter timeline convinced me to read this + the plot sounds interesting.




IRON CAST by Destiny Soria (October 11, 2016) - the cover alone was enough for me to want to pick it up.

LABYRINTH LOST by Zoraida Cordova (September 06, 2016) - this is about witches and it really sounds interesting because our MC decided to get rid of her powers but it backfired to her...resulting to her family vanishing into thin air.

OF FIRE AND STARS by Audrey Coulthurst (November 22, 2016) - queen-to-be and future king's sister get together instead. And its set in a fantasy world!


  

THREE DARK CROWNS by Kendare Blake (September 20, 2016) - three queen sisters fighting for a crown with lots of magic = my kind of story.

EVER THE HUNTED by Erin Summerill (December 27, 2016) - I was too busy during Christmas time that I forgot about this...and to think this was one of my most anticipated reads of the year 2016.

NEVER EVER by Sara Saedi (June 21, 2016) - another anticipated read that even made it to one of my Waiting on Wednesday posts


4 comments:

  1. Great list! I love the cover for OF FIRE AND STARS. So pretty! I have Ever the Hunted on my list too. I requested it but was declined because they ran out of copies. lol! Bummer! Hope you get to read some of the books on your list soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Sun is Also a Star! It was such a unique read. I hope you get to these this year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three Dark Crowns was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-91/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three Dark Crowns is also on my list. I definitely want to get to it in the next few months. It sounds excellent and reviews have been very good.

    ReplyDelete