Mar 14, 2016

Book Review: One More Chance


Title: One More Chance
Series: Rosemary Beach, #8; Chance, #2
Author: Abbi Glines
Publication Date: September 02, 2014
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon

Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow’s half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love…

But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.

MY THOUGHTS

I’ve read a lot of Abbi Glines’ books but I’m not going to lie that One More Chance is definitely my favorite of them all. Grant and Harlow’s story snatched my interest since they met in Forever Too Far. Honestly, the first book (Take A Chance) didn’t really leave me some sparks due to the whole Nan situation that there’s a constant conflict in Grant and Harlow’s progressing relationship. The trust issue was somehow hard to deal with even though I understand the reason for holding back the trust. I just wasn’t much into it. And then this happened.

I shed some tears reading this and I was honestly on the edge of my seat the whole time reading the letters because I was concerned over Harlow’s situation. I know she’s one strong girl and I definitely love her as a character… STILL I WAS WORRIED. Harlow is so loved and she deserves every bit of it and it makes me happy that she loves Grant and he loves her back just as much. Grant is also making me emotional in this book that I had to read his chapters oh-so-thoroughly because he’s changed so much for the better. It was beautiful and heartwarming to read.

“Nothing in this world has ever shone as brightly as you do or made me want to be a better person like you do.”

That’s one of my favorite lines in this book. I love reading where a character gets inspired and made him/her want to be a better person for themselves and for the person they want to be with. Grant and Harlow’s relationship took such a big step and… I’m just honestly so happy to read it (happy where tears are involved).

Nan, on the other hand, I feel like I’m the only one or one of the very few who doesn’t hate her. I know the girl’s been through a rough upbringing thanks to bad and absent parenting. She just needed a hug and I’m a firm believer she’ll let out that nice girl inside her once again. The one that she did at the hospital was a touching thing to read, and so is her POV in this book. I want to hug her and tell her that she deserves love and she will find it. Her past actions are no excuse but things could still be fixed. The only thing that made me sad was that she returned to her nasty self but it’s still a long way ahead for her book so things could still smooth out.

I’m incredibly late with this book but I’m so glad that I made the decision to continue the Rosemary Beach books after Forever Too Far. One More Chance is definitely a must-read even if you fell off from the story in the last book. It’s such a good read about sacrifice, overcoming your fears, thinking about the good instead of the bad for your future, being strong despite what life brings you, and love. Love that isn’t just between two lovers but also between friends and family, blood-related or not.

“You’re our beginning. It’s time we live without fear. You’re the most wonderful chance I ever took.”

I love this one. A LOT.

MY RATING

0 comments:

Post a Comment