Feb 28, 2014

Book Review: Be With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Be With Me
Series: Wait For You, #2 (companion)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: February 04, 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

My Thoughts

When Cam's best friend, Jase, and little sister, Teresa, shared the most passionate and intensifying kiss they ever had, things got a bit awkward and different after that. College was another option Teresa had after an injury that caused her to take a break from the thing she loved most: dancing. However, college wasn't as easy as it seems knowing Jase is just around. Ever since their kiss, Teresa had been feeling something for her big brother's best friend. But to Jase, he can't have her no matter how much he wanted to. He's persistent to look at her as "Cam's little sister" and nothing more.

The romance between Jase and Teresa was a bit frustrating because they have this on and off kind relationship. But they're not in a relationship just yet. That's the issue. I love Teresa's character, though. She's brave, understanding and she's the kind of friend you'd want to have. Jase, whoever, put me off a bit. I feel bad for Tess whenever she deals with him. He did have his secrets and heartbreaks but it was definitely not nice to have Tess live up for the love she thinks he might return because he's just like a switch. On and Off settings. But when they're together, they were definitely cute and hot. Though there was the absence of the spark I had when I read Cam and Avery's. Bonus points for the cupcake. Jase is a sweetheart though, despite how much the "put off" thing he made me feel. Other scenes were pretty dark. If you're uncomfortable and sensitive towards dark themes like violence and suicide, I wouldn't recommend you to read this.

Be With Me breathes a very different atmosphere than Wait for You, and I can't help comparing the two no matter how much I find it unfair because these are two different books, different stories and different characters despite the same setting. I enjoyed reading this but I had to admit that it can't ever top Wait for You for me. In Wait for You, I savored every moment but in Be With Me, the moments I like are very selective and not really that memorable. I'm even surprised that even if they're not the main characters anymore, Cam and Avery's moments were the ones I look forward to the most. And my favorite scene? Something between Cam and Avery that I'm sure the readers who love them, including me, would burst in tears mentally due to happiness. One of the few reasons why I gave this book four stars.

I don't know if I would look forward to the next book because it's gonna be Calla's, Teresa's friend. I was hoping for Ollie and Brit because there were definite signs between the two since the first book. Though it was very nice to have a story with them in the Fifty First Times anthology but sadly, so sadly, it's very short. I hope they'd get their own book. Ollie's POV was fun and he's got this softness in him that he shows to Brit.

My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment