Feb 21, 2014

Unread Author #01: A.S. King

I got inspired by TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Unread Authors in the Booktube Community and decided to post also my unread authors because I sure am familiar with a lot of authors but never did I have read a single book by them. But instead of posting five, I'll post one author for one post and it won't be every Wednesday but whenever I feel like it. TOP 5 WEDNESDAY was started by gingerreadslainey.

My first Unread Author is none other than,

Amy Sarig King
A.S. King is the author of the highly-acclaimed REALITY BOY, LA Times Book Prize winner ASK THE PASSENGERS, 2012 ALA Top Ten Book for Young Adults EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS, and 2011 Michael L. Printz Honor Book PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ. She is also the author of the ALA Best Books for Young Adults THE DUST OF 100 DOGS as well as a collection of award-winning short stories for adults, MONICA NEVER SHUTS UP.

I've heard good things about her books especially Reality Boy and Everybody Sees the Ants. But long before the positive feedback, I've been really wanting to read, even just one, of her books. A friend of mine also recommended one of her works (Everybody Sees the Ants) when I asked for a contemporary read. I was sold.


This year, I'm determined to read two books by her: Please Ignore Vera Dietz and Ask the Passengers.

Ask the Passengers was the title that had me interested and later on, I browsed her works in Goodreads and read the premise of each book. I've ordered those two books already and I can't wait to have them in my hands. Need to patiently wait for six-eight weeks to finally flip the pages of A.S. King's novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment