Jan 17, 2014

Book Review: Addicted for Now

Title: Addicted for Now
Series: Addicted, #2
Authors: Krista & Becca Ritchie
Publication Date: November 29, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Dark
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

Those are the three words Lily Calloway fears the most. But Loren Hale is determined to be with Lily without enabling her dangerous compulsions. With their new living situation—sleeping in the same bed, for real, together—Lily has new battles. Like not jumping Lo’s bones every night. Not being consumed by sex and his body.

Loren plans to stay sober, to right all of his wrongs. So when someone threatens to expose Lily’s secret to her family and the public, he promises that he’ll do anything to protect her. But with old enemies surfacing, Lo has more at stake than his sobriety.

They will torment Lily until Lo breaks.

And his worst fear isn’t relapsing. He hears the end. He sees it. The one thing that could change everything. Just three words.

My Thoughts:

When I thought the first book was painful, oh was I wrong. This book made me cry for the characters, in a good way. A very good way because I feel proud towards the characters. Especially for Lily and Lo. They’ve come so far and I’m just so happy for them. As a couple and as individuals.

I also love the relationships between the siblings and how the situations that happened somehow strengthens those relationships: the Hale brothers and the Calloway sisters. It was so great to read that Lily and Lo were never alone, that they have these people who are always there for them. I’m just in awe, really. So much happened and a lot of them seemed to be like nightmares but they all have each other and they got through it. Connor was there as well and speaking of Connor, I just admire him even more in this book because he’s this calm, quiet and smart guy but when you hit a nerve, you definitely don’t want to hit another because you definitely won’t stand a chance. And he’s been such a good friend to them which I’m so happy that he didn’t turn into a bad guy. My heart aches for Ryke, so much especially at the last remaining chapters but Loren was there. His family. Another scene that I cried upon because of the Hale brothers. I’m weak when guys get sincere for their bros/friends and gets all teary. It would’ve been also nice for the Calloway sisters if Poppy made an appearance. I loved her "Please don’t shut us out" talk with Lily in the first book (which also had me in tears).

This book dealt with Loren out of rehab, Lily trying to control her addiction and an Unknown person who happens to know Lily’s secret. I never guessed who was this Unknown until the moment he/she was revealed. I had my suspects and whenever I read with someone labeled as Unknown, I would usually guessed it. But this one had me surprised, no lie. I like how the situation was handled when they found out. I definitely wanted to strangled that person. He/she had no right and not only hurt Lily, but damaged also another. Let’s just say that that person’s plan didn’t went well.

I would’ve given this 5 stars if I wasn’t bummed with the ending. I thought there was more but then I reached the Prologue for the next book which happens to say, "No, this is the end for book 2" and I was sad. I wanted to read a proper conversation between Lily and her parents (esp her mom, I hate her mom). More about Jonathan Hale because I’m conflicted on what to feel for him. He loves his sons (yes he does love Ryke too, I believe) but then, it’s in some kind of Jonathan-Hale-way that I’m too confused to understand. I really did wish Poppy made an appearance. I think she’s also the kind of sister who would be there with her siblings throughout.

Oh and I just also realized that the Calloway sisters’ names are derived from flowers’ names. Yes, I was slow to figure that out.

I still love this book. I really do love it and I’m excited for Addicted After All!

My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment