Oct 4, 2013

Let's Talk: Put-Offed Books


Let's Talk is a weekly meme hosted by Melissa @ I Swim For Oceans in which book-related things are discussed regarding on what the topic is every week.

This is another meme I find interesting after I saw Melissa's post and I think it's fun to discuss books. I love discussing anything about books. This topic was supposed to be last month's but then I saw that the submission's open for 6 days so I thought I'd give a go.



And here they are..

First we have is The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. This book was given to me by a friend and it was exam week when I decided to start a bit of reading and I reached chapter 5 but then I put it down for a bit because I need to focus on studying. Ever since, I didn't bother picking it up again. I don't know. It's not because I dislike the story, it was slow I admit but it interested me in some ways, I just didn't feel like reading it lately. 

Next is The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling). There was so much hype about this book, probably after the fact of knowing that it was J.K. Rowling under another name. So the fangirl inside me decided to buy the book the moment I saw it on display (well, it wasn't my money anyway..mom's treat that day) and happily started reading. But around chapter 6 or 7...I stopped. This wasn't my type of book and I was pretty aware of the genre and already read the synopsis before I decided to buy it. I guess I just went with the hype. Although  I still plan on continuing this. Need to get that money's worth.

Third is Shadow and Bone, first book in The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I started this via-ebook because there was also a hype about this in Tumblr and there were so many pretty graphics of this that appear in my dashboard that had me intrigued and interested. So I decided to read it but then, my lovely mother borrowed my Kindle, cutting off my reading experience. And when she returned it, I was busy reading another book. Now that I have my physical copy, I still have no plans to read this one to be honest. Yet.

Last and not the least, I have here The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I started reading this also during exam week and then dropped it because I NEED TO STUDY. I should really learn a lesson or two when it comes to reading books during exam week. And it's been months now and now I am also busy with other books. Plus I don't have a physical copy of this yet.

Do you also have books that you put-off?

0 comments:

Post a Comment