Jul 10, 2013

Book Review: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Series: Perfect Chemistry, #1
Publication Date: December 23, 2008
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Add to: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depository

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created ‘perfect’ life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she’s worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

My Thoughts

When you read a book at 9 PM and finish it around 11:30 or something.. I wanted to put this down for a bit but I decided to continue and then that happened.
This book kinda reminds me of the movie, Bring It On (All or Nothing) with a tiny bit of mixture with the book, Beautiful Disaster. Except for the gang parts and the drugs. But it was there: virgin cheerleader, the ass-kind of boyfriend and now ex-boyfriend, Mexican bad “also hot" boy (aka her hero), the usual cliche romance, popular and unpopular dudes, those kind of friends and family issues.
Though overall, I enjoyed this book. I didn’t waste staying up until 11:30-ish for nothing which instead I should be sleeping after I studied. This one kept me entertained in the least. I don’t like Brit’s parents and I feel bad for how her sister is treated. Her mom, argh.. I wanna yell at her to try being a good mother to her daughters. And her dad, like what? You just go in and out of the house and not bother bonding with your family when you’re not working? What?! Her sister, Shelly, is precious. If I have a sister like that, I’d love her with all my heart no matter what. I like Brit, how she loves her sister very much and will do anything in her power to keep her.
The hospital scene though. I knew that coming but still, I wanna hug Brit. Okay she loves him but the bet just blurted out. But then, Alex has his reasons so let’s just keep it at that. I like the ending. It was precious and sweet and mushy. Mushy. But everything worked out well, college and a future family. Plus the epilogue made me smile at almost midnight.


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment